Prevention of illegal settlements in a foreign country
In order to protect our bank's customers from illegal usage of payment card data we have installed a security system for payment card settlements which would allow avoiding illegal usage of payment card data in the countries where such a risk is high.
Since 01 October 2014 transactions not supported by chip technologies* are blocked in the following countries:
Azerbaijan, Argentina, Bahrain, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, the Philippines, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Jamaica, USA, Cambodia, Canada, China, Colombia, Cuba, Kuwait, Libya, Malaysia, Mexico, Pakistan, Panama, Peru South Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam.
Payment card holders intending to visit any of the above mentioned countries and wishing to avoid any likely inconveniences should notify Šiaulių bankas about a planned trip in advance in a following manner at their choice:
- The customer may himself or herself unblock the country to which he/she is going in the internet banking system SB linija;
- call the Contact Centre at 1813;
- visit the nearest customer service point of Šiaulių bankas.
We would like to pay your attention that after expiry of specified duration of a trip the bank shall continue blocking the transactions not supported by chip technologies and , thus, shall protect its clients' payment card data from the possible illegal usage.
The bank's specialist will be constantly monitoring and updating the list of countries where the illegal transactions are executed most frequently and will block payment card settlements in these countries. Depending on the potential risks different restrictions can be applied in such fields as cash withdrawals from ATMs, payment card settlements in the trading venues where it is not required to enter a PIN or payments on the e-stores.
In case of suspicion that a payment card transaction may be illegal, payment card transactions can be blocked in the countries not mentioned above.
In case you fail paying with your payment card, please contact the Contact Centre at 1813 immediately and inform about it - a bank's officer in charge will be entitled to cancel restrictions applied to Your payment card.
Our recommendations are as follows:
- Be very attentive;
- Avoid paying with a payment card for anything in suspicious-looking locations;
- Before using an ATM, be sure to look around and see if there are no unusual devices attached to the cash machine, and if there are no bystanders watching;
- Use ATMs installed in well-illuminated and not remote locations;
- Watch every move that the salesperson makes with Your card and do not let him carry it out - a payment card must always be at your sight.
Transactions not supported by chip technologies* are the transactions during which a magnetic tape is used and successful implementation.