- First of all, you have to conclude an Investment Services Agreement with Šiaulių Bankas and open an investment account. You can do this by selecting the menu items "Savings and Investing" → "Investing" → "Investment Services Agreement" in the on-lien banking or by visiting any customer service point of the Bank;
- Transfer the amount of funds you want to invest to the investment account;
- On the stock exchange monitor, select the desired stock exchange and securities, and place the order.
1. What should I do to be able to trade securities on-line?
2. How to open an investment account in another currency?
To open a securities account in another currency (USD, GBP, PLN, TRY, etc.), fill in a free-form application in the On-lien banking in the section "Applications and requests".
3. Is it necessary to have a current account if I want to invest?
It is not necessary, you can perform both investment and monetary transactions in the Investment Account.
4. Which financial instruments and on which stock exchanges can be traded through the Bank's securities platform?
On the Bank's securities trading platform, you can trade shares, investment funds and ETF funds not only on the Baltic stock exchanges, but also around the world. You can find a list of exchanges and trading prices here.
If the securities you want to trade are not included in the trading list, you can contact the Bank's brokers directly, who will add them to the list of securities.
5. Is stock information displayed in real time?
On the Baltic Exchange - yes, information is displayed in real time, you can also find historical price charts.
Foreign exchanges show the closing price of the previous business day.
6. Where can I see information about purchased securities?
Information on your securities is available in the section "Portfolio” of the securities trading platform. Here you can generate a portfolio report for the selected period, see the acquisition cost, the change in the value of securities and many other useful information.
7. Do I have to convert funds when buying foreign exchange traded securities?
It is not necessary, it is only important to note that changes in exchange rates can affect the return on investment. Before making a decision to invest, be aware of all the possible risks.
It is optimal to perform the conversion before the transaction - in this case, you have the opportunity to receive the contractual conversion rate, if the amount to be exchanged exceeds EUR 3,000.
8. Buying and selling securities on a securities trading platform
Please note that all securities have their own symbols and are not marked with the full names of the companies on the stock exchange, but with their symbols, such as “Amber Grid” (AMG1L), “Apparel” (APG1L), etc. In the case of the Baltic securities, the names of the companies are visible by hovering the mouse over the symbol. In the case of foreign securities, the ISIN code may be displayed instead of the symbol. The company name is displayed in a separate column.
After selecting the securities you want to buy / sell from the stock exchange list, you must fill in the order information in the right pop-up order form.
You can also sell securities from the Portfolio by clicking anywhere on the security line that does not have an active link. You will receive an order form, which you can fill in to initiate a sale:
Buy / Sell - you have to indicate which operation you want to perform: to buy new securities or sell existing ones.
Price - specify the price at which the securities will be purchased or sold.
Quantity - specify how many units of securities you want to buy / sell. You can also use the Max button to purchase the selected securities for the full balance of the available funds.
Validity - specify how long your order is valid. In foreign exchanges, the order is valid only for one business day. In the Baltic States, you can place an order with a daily validity or indefinite duration by selecting the condition "GTC - Until cancellation", as well as use other conditions of execution and validity - to execute only at auction, "Execute and / or cancel" - IOC / FOK, etc.
In the transfer form, you can find informative explanatory texts for each field you enter by clicking on the mark "?"
9. Can I put securities up for sale immediately after I buy them? Is it possible to buy other shares immediately for the funds from the sale of securities?
You can actively trade (i.e., sell immediately after purchase and vice versa) on all stock exchanges available for trading, except for the Polish, Russian, Slovenian, Turkish, Serbian and Croatian stock exchanges.
10. How long will it take to receive money for the securities sold on the Baltic stock exchange?
Funds for securities sold on the Baltic Stock Exchange are transferred to the investment account two business days after the conclusion of the transaction.
11. Can I receive regular updates on financial markets?
12. Is keeping money in an investment account taxable?
No fee applies for for managing funds in the investment account.
13. How much does it cost to service an investment account?
Management of the investment account and keeping funds in the account is free of charge for the client. Only the monthly securities (hereinafter - securities) custody fee shall apply, which starts to be calculated when the client acquires the securities. The minimum securities custody fee is EUR 0.50. You can find more about the amount of the securities custody fee here.
14. Do you offer a securities repo service?
Yes, but the service is only available to customers with Professional Client status. You can read the rules for determining the customer category here.
You can borrow at Šiaulių Bankas by pledging your financial instruments for a certain period of time. You can pledge them for up to 6 months.
Advantages of the service:
- After concluding the main repo agreement, you can later conclude transactions in a way that is convenient for you - in writing at the bank's unit, by phone or by e-mail.
- The funds are transferred to the investment account on the day of concluding the transaction.
- When borrowing funds in this way, there is no need to submit a certificate of income.
- By pledging the securities you hold, you still retain the rights attached to them, i.e. receive dividends, interest, etc.
For more on this service, read here.
15. How are received dividends taxed?
Residents of the Republic of Lithuania and residents of foreign countries are subject to a 15% personal income tax rate (unless otherwise provided by law).
Residents of foreign countries with which the Republic of Lithuania has concluded international double taxation agreements may take advantage of the benefits provided for in such agreements and submit a completed foreign resident's application for deduction of deductible tax FR0021 (DAS-1). Please note that the bank does not provide dividend tax reduction services.
16. Do you provide certificates on trading results / income for the financial year?
Yes, you can find all property and income certificates in the On-line banking in the menu section “Information” - “Document order” - select from the list “Certificate for annual income and property declarations” or by visiting any customer service point of the Bank.
17. Do you offer a portfolio management service?
No, Šiaulių Bankas does not provide such a service.
18. Do you provide recommendations?
We do not provide investment recommendations - we provide an opportunity for independent investment through the securities platform.
19. Does the company need a LEI code to trade through the Šiaulių Bankas securities trading platform?
Yes, the LEI code is mandatory for corporate customers. Private individuals do not need a LEI code.
20. Bond trading
Bonds are not traded through the Securities Platform. You can submit a bond transfer at a bank branch or by phone. We inform about the Bank's bond distributions in the News section of the Bank's website.Bank bond quotes are available here.